Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Sign In 

Create Account

Welcome to the Cruise Club Forum, please sign up or login to access all areas and features.

Welcome to Cruise Club Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be part of Cruise Club Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others

• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates

• Get your own profile page and make new friends

• Send personal messages to other members

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tribute acts

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic
TomYoungs
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Cadet
  • LocationSheffield
  • Last active: Apr 14 2014 08:58 AM

Who's your favourite? One of our best evenings on board was with lots of rum cocktails under a starry caribbean sky listening to "Mick Hucknall"!!  You have to be of a certain age ...

• Firefly likes this

Chubbs
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Mar 18 2014 10:20 AM

Freddy Mercury was amazing when i was last on-board Ventura!

• Sailaway likes this

sammy sun
  • Members
  • 397 posts
  • PipPip
  • Midshipman
  • Last active: Today, 08:36 AM

I've seen freddy mercury on P&O and thought that was good but i've also seen some terrible ones, the worst has to be Cher!

• tricia35 likes this

RiverSong
  • Members
  • 260 posts
  • PipPip
  • Midshipman
  • LocationDerby
  • Last active: Apr 16 2014 04:26 PM

I have never seen a "Tribute Act" on board a ship :o  but thinking about it I would love to see how some of todays artists would go down like, Lady GaGa or could you imagin a Miley Cyrus tribute.  Secound thoughts think they best stick with the oldies x

sammy sun
  • Members
  • 397 posts
  • PipPip
  • Midshipman
  • Last active: Today, 08:36 AM

Annie Lennox is another one that was terrible, it made me laugh though that she was cher one night and then annie lennox the next, surely you'd pick one and focus on being good at that rather than being bad at two :( 

• Harvey likes this

roseyroo
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Apr 15 2014 03:29 PM

seen freddie mercury who was good, also sting, not so good, mind you, the original sting could send you to sleep

in the sky with diamonds
  • Members
  • 77 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Apr 16 2014 02:38 PM

def agree with freddie mercury

• Jaybee43 likes this

weaver
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Dec 19 2013 01:15 PM

yeah i agree with in the sky with diamond freddie mercury was really good and very funny

• Jaybee43 likes this

doratheexplorer
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Apr 22 2014 10:31 AM

on the NCL Epic we saw a Tina Turner tribute who performs in Vegas with the Legends she was absolutely amazing, my friend actually thought she was the real thing!

• keith likes this

hturtle
  • Members
  • 109 posts
  • Pip
  • Able Seaman
  • LocationMidlands
  • Last active: Yesterday, 11:53 AM

on the NCL Epic we saw a Tina Turner tribute who performs in Vegas with the Legends she was absolutely amazing, my friend actually thought she was the real thing!

I saw the same "tina turner" and wouldn't say she was amazing, in fact I thought she was pretty poor

angel
  • Members
  • 109 posts
  • Pip
  • Able Seaman
  • Last active: Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Not keen on tribute acts always sound quite cabaret

Popsicle
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Pip
  • Able Seaman
  • LocationChesterfield
  • Last active: Apr 21 2014 07:54 PM

OMG That bloke that does Freddy Mercury on p&o is outstanding!!! I would pay to go and see him somewhere!!

• Jaybee43, Sailaway and LibraLass like this

gussytucker
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Oct 20 2013 09:24 AM

I agree with you re:  Freddie Mercury we have seen him twice now on Azura and although his act didn't change he is brilliant and also a nice guy, we bumped into him in one of the restaurants one night and he stopped to have a chat with us - very pleasant.  We also saw Tom Jones tribute act who apparently was on The Voice this year and he was also excellent.

Oldworldtraveller
  • Members
  • 467 posts
  • PipPip
  • Midshipman
  • Last active: Today, 07:04 AM
Without any doubt there are 2 tribute acts that stand out in my mind as a cut above the rest. The first is Peter White who tributes to Kenny Rodgers. He looks like him, sounds like him and could pass for him any day. The second is Jonathan Kane who again looks and sounds like Elton and has his mannerisms off to perfection and is also endorsed by Elton John. The test of a good tribute act in my humble opinion is to close your eyes and listen to the voice to see how near it is to the original.

LibraLass
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Oct 22 2013 05:45 PM

I liked Phil Collins, the best I agree was Freddie Murcury, enjoyed George Michael and Annie Lennox was ok .

Sailaway
  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Saw Freddie Mercury on Azura - fantastic entertainer, and a very pleasant person!

seawitch
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Pip
  • Able Seaman
  • Last active: Today, 07:30 AM

Oops hated Freddie Mercury we are big Queen fans and he just couldn't hit the notes. Walked out of Elton John, gave Annie Lennox a miss - I guess i just think the originals are better.

Guest_shilly3191_*
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Oops hated Freddie Mercury we are big Queen fans and he just couldn't hit the notes. Walked out of Elton John, gave Annie Lennox a miss - I guess i just think the originals are better.

Obviously the originals are always going to be better and think you are unfair to Steve Larkin (Freddie Mercury) by saying that he couldnt hit the notes. Think if you go in with the right attitude and not too expect them to be as good as the original then a good night will be had. By the way they have tribute acts because if they could cruise lines couldnt afford the originals if it was possible and with the price of concert tickets think tribute acts are on the whole very good value. The only one we saw and didnt enjoy was "Shirley Bassey" but only went to see her because she was on with a George Michael tribute act who was very good and by the way if I saw the real Shirley Bassey I wouldnt think she was very good. Think it helps if you like/admire the music of the star the tribute act are portraying.

Jaczs
  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pip
  • Able Seaman
  • Last active: Today, 08:51 AM
I enjoyed Freddie Mercury but could not stand Robbie Williams truly awful.

richardh
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Cadet
  • Last active: Today, 07:46 AM

There was a chap on our last cruise (Shelton I think his name was) who was without doubt the worst tribute act I have ever seen. He was meant to be Stevie Wonder but might has well have been Stevie Nicks out of Fleetwood Mac

He was booed off and then the cheesy Ents Director (Nigel) announced at Breakfast that he was being substituted and huge cheer went up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users